Non-Emergency Patient Transport Services for NHS Shropshire CCG, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG and Powys Teaching Health Board
NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit
Published date: 11 February 2021
Open opportunity – This means that the contract is currently active, and the buying department is looking for potential suppliers to fulfil the contract.
If you want help with winning this tender, then take a look at our Tender Writing page.
• Patient-transport vehicles – 34114122
• Special-purpose road passenger-transport services – 60130000
• Health services – 85100000
Location of contract
West Midlands, Wales
Value of contract
11 February 2021
15 March 2021
Contract start date
1 October 2021
Contract end date
30 September 2026
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group and Powys Teaching Health Board jointly wish to invite prospective providers to express their interest for the provision of Non-Emergency Patient Transport Services (NEPTS) for eligible patients within the local healthcare population.
A non-emergency transport service is provided for patients, both adults and children, who have a medical condition which prevents them from using other forms of transport to travel to and from healthcare appointments. It is not for people who require transport for financial or social reasons, or for those requiring an immediate or emergency response.
The Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service will provide 24/7, 365 days per year transportation services to patients assessed as eligible for the service.
The objectives of the service are to:
– Provide transportation booking facilities e.g. telephone line, email, online system etc. which are compliant with the Accessible Information Standard.
– Provide a dedicated local booking team(s) for patients of Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin and Powys.
– Conduct patient eligibility assessments and manage demand on the service in line with commissioned activity levels.
– Determine patient’s mobility and moving and handling requirements to identify the type of vehicle and specialist equipment to be used for transportation/movement.
– Determine patient’s mental health needs for example determine the support a dementia patient would require.
– Provide vehicles and transport suitable for our eligible patients according to the patient medical condition/mobility.
– Provide patient transport management and liaison with the NHS providers to ensure integration and system flow.
– Provide local patient travel advice and sign-posting for patients assessed as not eligible to access the transportation service.
The CCG’s are looking to appoint a service provider or consortium to deliver this service for a period of 5 years with an optional 24 months extension available.
The successful provider will be required to sign the prevailing NHS Standard Contract for the service and accept all terms and conditions.
Please note this contract will service the newly created/merged organisations (previously) NHS Shropshire CCG and NHS Telford & Wrekin CCG, which are due to create a new organisation from the 1st April 2021 and Powys Teaching Healthboard.
· Tender Notice
· Link to access tender
Midlands and Lancashire CSU are conducting this procurement exercise as a central purchasing body for another NHS body with whom the successful bidder(s) will enter into contracts for the supply of the services.
The contract conditions will be set out in the Invitation to Tender. Further details will be made available via documentation and information released during the course of the tender process.
This exercise will be conducted on the Midlands and Lancashire CSU portal at https://mlcsu.bravosolution.co.uk
(i) Candidates should register on the portal at https://mlcsu.bravosolution.co.uk (registration and use of the website is free of charge). If your organisation has registered previously, you do not need to re-register;
(ii) Once registered, candidates must submit your reply on the website and by email by the deadline stated. For technical support in submitting your expression of interest contact the Bravo Solution Help-desk on +448003684850 or E-mail: .
This tender will be conducted in line with the Public Contract Regulations 2015.
As the CCG is a relevant body for the purpose of the National Health Service (Procurement, Patient Choice and Competition) (No. 2) Regulations 2013 these Regulations also apply to this procurement.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
Share this notice
Closing: 15 March 2021, 12pm