Healthcare Services at Heathrow Immigration Removal Centres (IRCs)
N E L COMMISSIONING SUPPORT UNIT
Published date: 16 September 2021
Last edited date: 16 September 2021
Open opportunity – This means that the contract is currently active, and the buying department is looking for potential suppliers to fulfil the contract.
If you want help with winning this tender, then take a look at our Tender Writing page.
• Health services – 85100000
Location of contract
Value of contract
16 September 2021
11 November 2021
Contract start date
1 April 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2029
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
NHS England and NHS Improvement (London Region) (hereafter referred to as “The Authority”) invites Expressions of Interest (EoIs) and completed Invitation to Tender (ITT) submissions from all suitable providers for the delivery of Healthcare Services in Heathrow Immigration Removal Centres (IRC). Healthcare services delivered at Heathrow Immigration Removal Centres are commissioned by the Health & Justice team, as part of NHSE/I London’s Specialised Commissioning division.
The IRC Environment is constructed to be equivalent to Category B prisons. Healthcare services are delivered across the 2 sites Harmondsworth and Colnbrook, which are based near Heathrow Airport.
• Male and female adult residents.
• Detainees are subject to immigration restrictions.
• The site hosts a wide range of nationalities- patient profile is subject to changes in line with Home Office activity.
• Currently part of the IRC is being used a Short-Term Holding Facility for Calais Crossing arrivals.
Scope of Services
The following services will need to be delivered through the contract commissioned through this procurement:
• Emergency medical response – 365 days per annum. 24/7 on both sites
• Reception healthcare screen – 365 days per annum. 24/7 on both sites
• Primary care, including the provision of urgent care within the establishment and the management of long-term health conditions relevant for the adult population
• Public health services
• Sexual health services
• Allied healthcare services such as:
o occupational therapy
• Pharmacy and medicines management
• Mental health and trauma informed services
• Inpatient facilities
• Trauma Informed Care
• Clinical substance misuse services
• Psychosocial interventions for substance misuse and mental health
• Healthcare administration and support services
Contract Length and value:
The contract for the Service will be awarded for a period of 5 years (60 months), with an optional extension for a further period of 2 years (24 months). Therefore, the maximum duration of this contract, if all extension options are taken up will be 7 years (84 months).
The maximum available annual contract value for this project is £5,800,000 per annum.
Over the 7 years, if contract is extended to its full duration, the total maximum contract value will be £40,600,000.
The annual payments will be subject to inflationary uplifts in line with published NHS national planning guidance.
Annual maximum contract value: £5,800,000
Maximum Contract value for 5 years: £29,000,000
Maximum Contract value for 7 years = £40,600,000
Previous notice about this procurement
Healthcare Services at Heathrow Immigration Removal Centre
• Early engagement
• Published 26 July 2021, last edited 27 July 2021
· PRJ943_ProContract Help Page.pdf
· Bidding documents
· PRJ943_ProContract Help Page – contact details if you need assistance with the ProContract tender portal
· Tender Notice
· Please follow this link to express interest and view ITT documents
Bidders must refer to the procurement documentation for full detail about the Services to be delivered.
This procurement does not include Dental services which formed part of the procurement for Personal Dental Services in London prisons and the IRC (2020). The new contract for dental services started on 1 September 2021.
The Procurement process will be facilitated entirely online via ProContract portal. Interested Applicants wishing to participate in the procurement must register, express an interest and complete the online questionnaires hosted on the portal prior to the deadline for submission. All clarification requests and correspondence pertaining to this ITT opportunity must be directed through the portal. A timetable for the procurement, guidance re: process, and supplementary information relating to each contract opportunity is also available from the portal.
This Tender process is being managed by NEL Commissioning Support Unit (NEL) on behalf of The Authority in connection with a competitive procurement exercise that is being conducted in accordance with a process based on the Open Procedure under the Public Contract Regulations 2015 (“the Regulations” (as amended)). The services to which this Procurement relates fall within the “Light Touch Regime” (LTR) governing the procurement of Health, Social, Education and Other service contracts. Neither the reference to “Open Procedure”, “ITT”, “SQ”, the use of the term “Tender process”, nor any other indication shall be taken to mean that the Contracting Authority intends to hold itself bound to any of the Regulations, save those applicable to LTR provisions.
Bidders are also to note that information relating to this procurement is provided in good faith, and may be subject to amendment by The Authority.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.