Rural Swathe, Visibility & Hedge Cutting
Kent County Council
Published date: 23 August 2021
Open opportunity – This means that the contract is currently active, and the buying department is looking for potential suppliers to fulfil the contract.
If you want help with winning this tender, then take a look at our Tender Writing page.
• Horticultural services – 77300000
Location of contract
Value of contract
23 August 2021
21 September 2021
Contract start date
1 April 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2027
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
This service requirement is for the programmed maintenance of the highways soft landscape asset with flexibility for additional ad-hoc provision and may include the following works on rural roads:
• Swathe cutting
• Visibility splays cutting
• Rural hedge cutting
• Conservation / wildflower / SSSI verge cutting
• Vegetation clearance and washing of road signs
• Vegetation cutting of off-road cycle paths
The contract is divided into three lots as below:
• Lot 1 – Dartford, Gravesham, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge & Malling and Tunbridge Wells (West)
• Lot 2 – Maidstone and Ashford (Mid)
• Lot 3 – Swale, Canterbury, Thanet and Dover (East)
This opportunity will primarily service KCC HT&W owned assets. There may also be the need to carry out works on privately owned assets in order to ensure highway safety. This type of work has the potential to be recharged through existing KCC processes.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.