Pre Qualification Questionnaire for the Provision of an Arboricultural Works Framework
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead
Published date: 28 September 2020
Open opportunity – This means that the contract is currently active, and the buying department is looking for potential suppliers to fulfil the contract.
If you want help with winning this tender, then take a look at our Bid Writers page.
• Tree-clearing services – 77211300
• Tree-cutting services – 77211400
• Tree-maintenance services – 77211500
Location of contract
Value of contract
28 September 2020
6 November 2020
Contract start date
17 May 2021
Contract end date
16 May 2025
Restricted procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead is setting up a Framework for the provision of arboricultural services within The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead for both standard, time sensitive and emergency work. Work will be required along the public highway (which must be carried out in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual and further detailed in the booklet entitled “Safety at Street Works & Road Works” issued by the Department for Transport; the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, The Traffic Management Act 2004 and Traffic Management Permit Scheme (England) Regulations 2007 and any subsequent amendments thereto), on public rights of way and on sites within Borough such as cemeteries, churchyards, parks, open spaces and property sites.
There are 30,299 individual trees recorded on the adopted highway, in parks, open spaces and cemeteries within RBWM. The Authority is currently in the process of completing an audit and condition survey of trees in some of these sites and estimates a further 5,000 trees will be added to our records. In addition, the Authority manages a number of small woodlands and hedgerow trees.
The Authority is firmly committed to maintaining the trees and woods as a vital part of the environment of The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, the policies and guidance for which are contained in ‘A Tree and Woodland Strategy for the Borough 2010 to 2020’. This document can be viewed at https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/203/tree_strategy_and_policy_guidance.pdf
The proposed Framework will play a key part in helping to deliver the aims and objectives of the Tree and Woodland Strategy for the Authority. The tree related services that will be required by the Authority include:
• Climbing Inspections
• Formative Pruning
• Crown Lifting
• Crown Thinning
• Pruning Back From Property, Boundaries Or Objects
• Crown Reduction and Reshaping
• Conservation Pruning
• Cleaning Out Objects
• Severance/removal of Climbing Plants
• Removal of Dead, Dying, Diseased and Broken Branches
• Crown Clean
• Specific Branch/Limb Removal or Reduction
• Removal of Suckers and Epicormic Shoots
• Pruning for Infrastructure
• Bi-annual removal of Epicormic shoots, suckers and crown lifting
• Tree Felling
• Removal/Trimming of Hedges
• Tree Stump and Root Removal or Treatment
• Young tree maintenance
• Root Pruning
• Bark Wound Repair
• Bracing and Propping
• The Provision of an Emergency Out of Hours Service
• Control of Brown Tail Moth
• Control of Oak Processionary Moth
• Traffic Management
· Local Government Sourcing Portal Bidder Registering Instructions.docx
· Bidding documents
· The Authority is running this tender on the Public Sector Procurement Portal. Attached are instructions for accessing the portal and the tender which is where the tender documents are located
· Bidding documents
· This link is for the Public Sector Procurement Portal where this tender is being run
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
Share this notice
Closing: 6 November 2020, 1pm